10 June, 2011

Cheddar Biscuits

A few nights ago, while supper was cooking in the oven, I was watching Iron Chef America, "Battle Cheddar," yummmmm I love cheese! By the time this episode was over, I wanted just about every recipe they used, but one in particular made me dig through the cabinets. The challenging chef was making cheddar biscuits in small cast iron skillets. "Wow, those look fantastic! Great, now I'm gonna want cheddar biscuits all night." Oh, but wait! A few weeks ago I had picked up a package of buttermilk biscuit mix to make a similar recipe from my Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats book and never got around to making it. Rachael's recipe was for chorizo and cheddar biscuits, so I revamped it. OK, mostly I omitted the chorizo and added more cheese. 




7.5 oz. package of buttermilk biscuit mix (the kind you only add water, I used Bisquick Complete)


3/4 cup of shredded cheddar (I actually used Colby since I had some left from another recipe)


1/2 cup water
Follow the package directions for temperature and cooking time.
Makes 6 biscuits




These were great! If you've ever had Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits these are really similar.



And now, I must pass along a little tip I learned last week from my mother-in-law. She told me that her spices are arranged in alphabetical order. Well duh! Why on earth I had never thought of that is beyond me. I alphabetize everything! Seriously. Book/CD/DVD stores are jealous of my alphabetization (holy cow, I can't believe spell check says that's a word!) skills. I can NEVER find spices in there. I end up with several jars of one spice and run out of something I think I've got more of living in there somewhere. So I pulled all the spices off the shelf and reorganized. 

Ta-daaaa!

By the way, if anyone needs any nutmeg, garlic powder or thyme, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment